OPEN DATE: February 27, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will be open until filled
START DATE: Summer 2017, ideally there will be some overlap with current President
The Datalys Center for Sports Injury Research and Prevention, an independent 501c3 non-profit epidemiological research services provider, is seeking an outstanding epidemiologist with two or more years’ postdoctoral research experience, leadership experience, an established publication record, and clear documentation of scholarly innovation and impact to serve as President and leader of the Datalys Center’s multiple injury surveillance and research programs. The President will drive growth and build on the operational and reputational excellence of the Center to be the preeminent sports epidemiology provider in the country.
The President is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Company’s long term strategy. The President’s leadership role also entails being ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions, for implementing the Company’s long and short term plans, and for providing guidance and direction for the implementation of scientific methods and programs. The President acts as a direct liaison between the Board and management of the Company and communicates to the Board on behalf of management. The President also communicates on behalf of the Company to employees, program sponsors, other stakeholders, and the public.
The Datalys Center was founded 11-years ago, through a collaborative effort between BioCrossroads (a life-sciences catalyst company), the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) to collect and translate, often in collaboration with others, sports participation, injury and treatment data into more effective programs, policies, rules, and education aimed at preventing, mitigating, and treating sports injuries more effectively. The vision of the Datalys Center for Sports Injury Research and Prevention is to be the trusted leader in making sports and physical activity safer through data-driven research.
Qualified applicants should email PDF copies of their cover letter describing their career goals and qualifications for the position, a CV, contact information for 3-5 references, and copies of one, but no more than three, published papers or other examples of their scholarly work to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the position can be directed to Tom Dompier directly at email@example.com or 317-275-3667.
The Datalys Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
• Indianapolis, Indiana
For more information about Indianapolis, visit www.visitindy.com
For more information about the Datalys Center, visit: www.datalyscenter.org
• A terminal degree (PhD, MD, DO, ScD, or equivalent);
• research training in Biostatistics, Sports Medicine, Epidemiology, Public Health, Health Sciences, Athletic Training or related field;
• excellent oral and written communication skills;
• experience in financial planning and management;
• demonstrated scholarship (published peer-reviewed manuscripts, dissertation, funded grant, etc).
• Athletic Training BOC Certified
• two or more years’ experience managing large multicenter, multiyear projects;
• two or more years’ management experience in 501c3 non-profit companies;
• history of success soliciting grants and other forms of funding;
• non-profit experience.
• Commensurate with education and experience. The Datalys Center offers competitive salaries and benefits including retirement, health, vision, dental, and life insurance.
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• 3-5 References
• 1-3 Writing Examples